The problem comes from within
While it’s true the average business is cyber-attacked every twelve seconds (!), your number one threat comes from inside the house. Most security breaches are a result of employees not following security best practices.
These aren’t criminals working from the inside — they are your honest, friendly co-workers, doing their jobs as productively and smoothly as they can. But they’re not locking the front door.
Making them familiar with and enforcing these policies can make a huge difference. From the company that offers businesses free monitoring of their cloud environment, here are some free but effective things you can do that don’t cost a dime.
In the meantime, here are 7 free ways to keep your company safe:
- Always use a private Wi-Fi network (with a complex password!)
- Never use personal emails on company devices.
- Don’t allow use of unauthorized third-party apps
- Use 2-factor authentication. 2FA asks you to confirm your identity after entering a password. This means that even if someone steals your password, they still can’t log in to your account.
- Enforce a policy of using passwords with upper- and lower-case letters, a number and special characters. SOm3tHinG.LikE_Thi5!
- Forbid non-employees from using work-issued devices
- Sign up for free monitoring from Coro Cybersecurity
As a member of the American Bankers Association (ABA), the Independent Community Bankers Association (ICBA), the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) and several other financial organizations we are proud to meet your security challenges.
Schedule a meeting today and make cybersecurity concerns a thing of the past.
We finish tasks you didn't even know you had.
One clean dashboard monitors your email, cloud apps, data, devices, and users.
No complicated installation.
No cryptic reporting.
No annoying configuration with other apps.
Just air-tight cybersecurity.
Go work on something else, security is taken care of.